The Aha Lightbulb

IMG_9335

I found these words in a book, cut them up and pulled one word out of a hat, assuming that whatever word I pulled would be THE word.

My one little word for 2013.

Guess what word I pulled?

IMG_9350

But nap did not cause confetti to drop from the ceiling in my head.

I know naps improve mental acuity.  But, nap?  Really? I can’t wholeheartedly embrace nap.

So… I reflected.

And…

I pulled a card from a deck of quotes.

I love the quote that landed in my hands.

IMG_9306

For a hundred reasons beyond pulling this card, I found my word.  I selected the opposite of nap.

Please let me introduce you to SHINE – my One Little Word for 2013!

I am officially working on the light within this year!

What does that mean exactly?

I think the answers will unfold during 2013.

– – –

You be the sun,

I will be the moon.

Just let your light,

Come shining through.

And, when night comes,

Just like the moon,

I’ll shine the light

Right back at you.

Let Your Light Shine.

Matthew 5:16

—-

Did you find your word for 2013?

I would love to hear!

Tagged: ,

7 thoughts on “The Aha Lightbulb

1. Susie steiner January 9, 2013 at 8:26 pm Reply

So love the word of the year! You will have so much fun and discovery with Shine!!!

• Karen Davis January 9, 2013 at 8:58 pm Reply

Beautiful word choice, Deb. Congrats on your past year of excellent blogging! I look forward to the coming year.

• ordinarycreative January 10, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Thank you! Thank you! Can’t wait to hear what your word will be! Thank you for embracing this blog and for following the journey. We must connect to “create” something soon!

• ordinarycreative January 10, 2013 at 7:32 pm Reply

I am so happy you are on board with this topic! I can not wait to hear what your little word will be… and I can’t wait to see how it unfolds in your life. See you soon!

2. Barb Wagner January 10, 2013 at 4:34 am Reply

Love your new word and as you already know I love this blog. I have never done a word of the year before, but my word for this year is going to be BELIEVE. Not sure where I will go with my word, but it will be fun to find out!

• ordinarycreative January 10, 2013 at 7:35 pm Reply

Oh, I love BELIEVE! Absolutely adore that word. I have a song for you… check out Josh Wilson’s, They Just Believe. You will love it. I can’t wait to hear how you invite this word into your life. I believe…. you will find beautiful surprises i
      n 2013.

3. New Year, New Word | Ordinary Creative February 3, 2016 at 12:14 pm Reply

[…] have talked about the power of one little word before (here and here).  The brilliant creator of the one little word project, Ali Edwards explains it best […]